It’s crucial to have a support system in place that can bolster motivation when it’s waning. Having a community of peers, a sponsor, or a therapist can help immensely with providing motivational support. It can be tempting to wait until the moments of a real need to seek support and community. However, staying motivated in addiction recovery requires doing the work of building a motivational support network before you need it. Carolina Center for Recovery is a state-licensed and CARF accredited substance abuse treatment facility.
- Recovery from addiction is a long journey — a life-long journey, really.
- Our yesterdays have no importance except as experience in the making today more fruitful.
- Maybe our motivation is being tied up elsewhere, or perhaps we forget our early motivations in the first place.
- The RFQ identifies intrinsic motivation factors, such as concerns about health and self-concept issues, and extrinsic motivation factors, like legal issues and social influence.
- So take as much time as you need, and take it slow; set your own small recovery goals and build healthy habits.
We are a dual-diagnosis facility with a primary focus on substance abuse, offering individualized, extended-term treatment in an intimate setting. Taking a holistic approach to treating addiction, our compassionate team at Carolina Center for Recovery understands how difficult recovery can be. That’s why our experienced team of addiction professionals offers our clients the best treatment, therapy, family programs, and alumni services possible. Transcend Recovery Community family of sober living homes provides a safe place for those undergoing mental health and addiction treatment to live with like-minded peers. Our community-based approach to sober living facilitates an open and welcoming environment, where members, staff and team can provide support and encouragement on the path to a sober and healthy life. The recovery process doesn’t end after 90 days of treatment.
If you notice yourself slipping back into old behavior patterns, don’t wait to “get worse” before telling someone.
We offer hope through evidence-based, personalized treatment programs, and we can speak with you today about a treatment plan that meets your needs. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, utilizes cognitive-behavioral therapy principles to address the most common psychiatric problems in both mental health and addiction treatment settings.
- The trick to preserving your recovery is to not let yourself continue slipping.
- Therefore, setting a goal to move to New Zealand, for example, is not out of the question.
- Oftentimes there are competing and conflicting priorities.
- You have the motivation inside of yourself to steer your life in a new and better direction, but in order to get there, you must believe that change is possible through your own individual strength.
- When motivation leaves and fatigue of recovery hits, this is when relapse becomes a real haunting concern.
Your sobriety is worth working through the times where you aren’t so certain. There will be times when you question why you are trying to stay sober when a drink or drug would make you feel better. Having the motivation to stick with recovery will show that there is nothing that drugs or alcohol will make better. You will gain the confidence to stay on the path of recovery and be better for it in the long run. Learning to deal with doubt is crucial for staying motivated because nothing kills your motivation faster than listening to that little voice that asks you, “Why are you putting yourself through this? You’re just going to fail anyway.” In order to stay motivated, you have to have a reasonable expectation of success. The problem is that it’s hard to judge what’s reasonable, especially when you’re just starting out.
Five Common Misconceptions About Mindfulness in Addiction Recovery
You have the motivation inside of yourself to steer your life in a new and better direction, but in order to get there, you must believe that change is possible through your own individual strength. In addition, //ecosoberhouse.com/ friends and family are some of the most supportive groups we have in our lives. Often, spending time with people who do not have an SUD, makes it easier for you to push harder towards recovery.
Getting sober requires individuals to overcome an unhealthy lifestyle. Because of the difficulties recovery motivation that sobriety presents, many people need motivation to avoid drug or alcohol abuse.
SIGN UP AND STAY MOTIVATED
It is not enough for the individual to just give up their addiction. They have to work at building a successful life in recovery. If people do not have the motivation to do this, then they are unlikely to find much happiness. This means that the idea of returning to their former addiction becomes increasingly attractive.